Books….DVDs….Cake Pans….and More….Oh My!
- The Stephentown Memorial Library has thousands of items available for patrons to borrow. Not only do we have over 13,000 books for people of all ages, we also have over 2,600 DVDs, over 800 audiobooks, many CDs, local newspapers, museum passes, cake pans, and more in our collection. At SML we strive to keep our collection as up to date as possible, acquiring best-selling books and movies monthly. SML is a member of the Upper Hudson Library System (UHLS). If we don’t have an item here in Stephentown, chances are really good that we will be able to find the item you are looking for at one of the other 29 libraries within UHLS.
- Because we are members of UHLS, patrons have access to hundreds of thousands of e-Content books, audiobooks, music, TV Shows, magazines, and movies. All of these items are available on the Libby App, Hoopla App, through the UHLS website, and the UHLS Mobile App.
Services at SML
- Copy and fax machine available for all to use. Copies/printouts cost $.25 per page and it is $1.00 per page for faxes.
- Computers! 4 desktop computers and 2 laptops are available for all to use. Please note that parents are responsible for their children’s use of these computers. We will not be monitoring the content that children explore. Headphones and DVD players are available for use as well.
- Newspapers! SML has subscriptions to The Berkshire Eagle and The Eastwick Press. The publications are available for browsing anytime.
- Need help with your computer, mobile device, or e-Reader? Our awesome staff are always here to help.
- Our Children’s Room is filled with books, DVD’s, puzzles, and lots of toys. We welcome children of all ages to come and explore the Kid’s Cave, check out books and movies, and spend time playing.
- SML strives to bring programming to the Stephentown community that is educational and entertaining. We like to have a full calendar of events each month. Some of our weekly programs include Story Time, Mahjong, and Dungeons and Dragons for teens. Examples of other programs are Adventures of a Travel Writer, LEGO Club, Live Music at the Library, history classes, teen paint nights, the annual Halloween party, author visits, Book Discussion Group, Blood Drives, and so much more. Go to our Events page to see current listings of SML programs.
Your Library Account
- All patrons have online access to their library accounts where they can request items, manage their checkouts, manage their holds, keep track of items borrowed, and more. In order to access your account, you will need your library card barcode and your pin number. The barcode is located on the back of your library card and your pin is usually the last four digits of your phone number. Still having trouble? Call us and we will be happy to help.
- The Community Room is available for use by community groups at no cost. Interested in using the space? Contact Kim Roppolo at email@example.com.