ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Stephentown Memorial Library (SML) is an Association Library subject to the laws of New York State and a member of the Upper Hudson Library System (UHLS), a consortium of 29 public libraries in Albany and Rensselaer County.
UHLS, principally financed by State Aid under Chapter 917 of the State Education Law, is a member of the New York Library Association (NYLA) and the American Library Association (ALA).
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Stephentown Memorial Library empowers our community by offering free access to information, programs, and services to all its residents. As a living memorial to those who have served our country, we aspire to help each generation remember the past, thrive in the present, and fulfill the promise of the future.
SML offers a working environment that fosters growth, opportunity, and job satisfaction. To maintain such an environment, each of us will:
- Respect the individual dignity of others
- Communicate with each other in positive ways
- Maintain a professional attitude
- Be courteous and flexible
- Express dissatisfaction through appropriate channels
- Remember that our patrons are the reason we are here and attempt to provide prompt, courteous responses to their requests